Thursday 1 January 2015

2015: The Year Ahead

Happy New Year everyone! Today has been a relaxing day - I cooked pancakes for the other members of the Fantastic Four and my parents, took Ernest for a ride, had a roast with the aforementioned and my Auntie, and played Trivial Pursuit.

Here are the final 10 questions from Into Mind's post, 'Your Year in Review.' The first 40 questions I answered can be found here.

41. What do you want the overarching theme for your 2015 to be?
Progression.

42. What do you want to see, discover, explore?
I'm looking forward to going to Montpellier in May with the Fantastic Four, and Hever Castle with Maxxy in February. If we can afford to, Maxx and I would like to visit Ireland as well. And I'm supposed to be going to Ibiza in summer for my Aunt's birthday. Maxx and I have agreed that there's lots of areas of England we haven't explored, so it'll be exciting to get out on his bike. 

43. Who do you want to spend more time with in 2015?
My godchildren and the friends I barely saw last year.

44. What skills do you want to learn, improve or master?
I'd like to continually improve my teaching skills, through my PGCLTHE and by gaining experience teaching academic English. I'd like to master pull ups - at the moment I can do assisted, but I'd love to be able to do a full set unassisted. Or even just one. I also want to learn how to cook amazing Thai food... sweetcorn fritters, pad thai, massaman curry... Mmmmm.

45. Which personal quality do you want to develop or strengthen?
I'm very organised but not so good at flexibility, so I'd like to learn to deal with unexpected situations better.

46. What do you want your everyday life to be like?
Rigidly controlled. Just kidding - busy but not fraught, with time set aside at the end of each day to chill out and switch off. Fulfilling.

47. Which habits do you want to change, cultivate or get rid of?
I have a bad habit of trying to do too much, and trying to please everyone, which then exhausts me. I'd like to become more balanced.

48. What do you want to achieve career-wise?
More private students, and a teaching role at a University.

49. How do you want to remember the year 2015 when you look back on it 10/20/50 years from now?
The year I had a lot of fun, made a lot of memories with those I love, and had exciting experiences.

50. What is your number one goal for 2015?
To be more balanced and make improvements in all areas of my life, even if they're just little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment