Tuesday 9 December 2014

Leibster Blog Award Nomination

My wonderful BFF Becky nominated me for a blog award! The Leibster Award is for up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers.

The rules are:
- Link back to the blog who nominated you.
- Answer all of their questions.
- Write 11 facts about yourself.
- Link 11 blogs with less than 200 followers and tell them you've nominated them.
- Ask 11 facts for the blogs you nominate to answer.

Becky’s questions:
If you could live in any book universe, where would you choose?
Hmm. I read a lot of historical fiction, when women weren’t exactly highly thought of. I love gothic novels but am a wuss. I think I’ll have to go with Harry P or Discworld.

What is the oddest term of endearment you have used for someone, or someone has used for you?
Maxx and I call each other ‘baby goose’. Or papoose (that weird wrap thing you carry a newborn baby in).

Snap Question: Zombie apocalypse! First weapon that comes to mind?
Aaaah! Sod the weapon, I’m running away from that freaky non-dead sh*t.

If you were a vegetable, what would you be and why?
Carrot. Orange, easy to peel, favourited by Ernest, delicious raw or cooked.

Do you have any tips / tricks to posting regularly?
The easiest thing was when I started having regular or semi-regular posts, such as ‘Pony Tales’ and ‘New PT Workout’. And not worrying too much about what you’re writing - you’re blog might not follow a theme or category, but it’s your blog, so you can write whatever you want!

What is your family's most important Christmas tradition? (Or holiday tradition if you don't celebrate Christmas)
Dinner being at ‘1’ – read, 2 or 2.30. The Yorkshire puddings always come last, not on purpose, they’re just never done on time.

Do you have an outfit/item of clothing that you have owned for a long time, but never/rarely wear? if yes, what is it?
I have a £295 crimson and cream silk corset in a bag in my wardrobe; I’ve worn it 3 times since 2006. I never found a skirt that would go with it, which is a shame as it’s absolutely beautiful – especially now I have a chest which fills out the top!

State a favourite character. Now explain what underwear you think they would wear?
I read Ken Follet’s World Without End earlier this year (utterly brilliant) and thought Caris, one of the main female characters, was a forward-thinking, brave, intelligent woman. As the book is set in the 13th century, I imagine she wouldn’t wear pants. Did they wear pants in the 13th century? Maybe hose or something like that.

If you could add 1 hour to your day, what would you do with it?
I would have the most glorious and guilt free nap.

10. What do you want to achieve by the end of 2014?
Well, earlier this year I set myself some targets. Some I reached, some I didn’t, some I reached then changed (publishing job). So really I’d just like to enjoy this restful period, get some lesson planning done for January, do some more of my portfolio for my PGCLTHE, ride a lot, go to the gym a lot, see my family.

11. If you could be any Harry Potter character, who would you be?
McGonagall is clearly a badass. She’s strong, intelligent, powerful, brave, played by Dame Maggie Smith, and just the coolest. So her.

My 11 facts:
  1. I have a strawberry roan pony named Ernest – hence the blog name
  2. I have Ernest’s portrait tattooed on my left thigh
  3. My boyfriend is French
  4. Greyhounds are my favourite breed of dog
  5. But giraffes are my favourite animal
  6. I am scared of spiders
  7. I have IBS and lactose intolerance – but cheese and chocolate are 2 great joys in my life
  8. My favourite colour is royal purple or black or dark blue or dark green
  9. My favourite food is pancakes
  10. By the age of 18, I had 33 piercings – I once got 4 in a week (second holes in lobes, septum, belly button)
  11. I’ve wanted to be an author since I could say the word
My nominations:
Giraffes Can Bake

My 11 questions:
  1. If you could change any event in world history, what would it be?
  2. What's your favourite exotic animal?
  3. What would you choose: the ability to fly or the ability to stop time?
  4. If you could be invisible for the day, what would you do?
  5. What's your favourite Harry Potter book?
  6. If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would you choose?
  7. What do you like most about blogging?
  8. If you could bring any animal back from extinction, which animal would you choose?
  9. If you could be world champion at any sport, which sport would you choose?
  10. What is the main thing you would like to achieve in 2015?
  11. What is your proudest moment of 2014 (so far)?

1 comment: