Sunday 11 May 2014

Whittard's Japanese Dragon Pearls

I am a huge fan of Whittard's tea products. One of my bestest friends in the whole wide world - HOLLAAAA BOOP - used to work there, so every birthday and Christmas and sale and just randomly I would receive a lovely treat.

Today we were buying some Guatemalan Elephant coffee when I noticed a jar of curiously-named little pearls (I don't mean actual pearls, I mean leaves curled into balls) sat near the til. Whittard's jasmine tea is delicious, and let's face it anything with the word 'dragon' in the name is bound to be magical, so I bought a 50g bag. At £13, this might seem expensive, but I reckon there's at least 100 pearls in there - that's 13p each. Not so expensive after all.

This tea is delicious. It's light, slightly sweet and very refreshing. Jasmine is supposed to help you lose weight, which is an added bonus to drinking this potion of wonderfulness, but it's also cool watching the little pearls unfurl in the water. 

All you need to do is pour boiling water into a cup, add 3 pearls, wait for 3 minutes, then strain. If you're making a teapot, use 10-12 pearls. I've had 5 cups this evening while watching Eurovision.

I hope you enjoy this tea as much as I do!

1 comment: